Thursday, 11 October 2012

 The excitement of the first sale -


I held my first public display of work at Burton Agnes court yard gallery in May 2005.
Glenn and I had the gallery for two weeks and that's when - I made my very first sale.

"Through the glass door"     






This was a photograph taken through my cottage door at Skelton York I loved the leaves and the colours.
It must have been appreciated by the lady who bought it as she brought her friend back to the opening of Gallery 49 in December 2005 and she bought another version of it! I managed Gallery 49 in the Old Town Bridlington for about a year and Glenn had his studio in the back of the building, we loved it and went on to open our own studio gallery in 2007 and moved here to live in Sewerby 2008...


"Myriads Of Angels"    


It was while I was working at Gallery 49 and I had access to Photoshop 7 which was installed on the computer. I had only used star office a free program up until that time. I began to experiment and develop my own way of doing things I never was a good pupil so had to learn te hard way.

I created "Myriads of angels"  from the photograph of  "through the glass door" I don't really know what I did to get it up to this day I cannot do it again but I fond it very exciting and went on to create many Images which have sold on Canvas and under glass since.



                                           The Photograph and the Manipulation side by side

I will always remember Burton Agnes Hall and Gallery 49 with great fondness as they were the beginning of my career as photographer, and gave me the confidence to submit my work in October 2005 to the prestigious Leeds Fine Art Club. I was amazed to be excepted as there very first exhibiting photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment